Project Name: Margaret River Lower Western Oval Construction
Location: Margaret River, Western Australia
Client: Shire of Augusta, Margaret River
Project Type: Bulk Earthworks; Subsoil Drainage; Irrigation Installation
Leeuwin Civil was engaged by the Shire of Augusta Margaret River to construct a full-sized playing field (oval) at Gloucester Park in Margaret River. The area was the last of the sections to be allocated and had an area totalling 12,000m2.
Scope of Works:
• application of environmental controls, e.g. relocation of endangered species, silt curtains;
• vegetation clearing;
• supply and installation of sand/fill (totalling 14,000m3);
• sub soil drainage system installation;
• irrigation system installation, connection to existing system and commissioning;
• turf installation, mowing and top dressing; and
• installation of minor drainage works.